Sunday, November 6, 2016

Prayer at the end of the day

O loving God, I will do better tomorrow
 
O ever loving God,
as the day comes to an end,
I pause and recall in silence
what happened today.
I ask myself:
Have I done any good?
Have I spent my time fruitfully?
Have I given my best effort?
Or have I merely let the hours go by?

As I prepare for a good night’s rest,
let me first pray, O dearest God,
and share with you
the feelings in my heart…
gratitude, contrition,
and supplication.

At the end of the day,
I thank you, O dearest God,
for the meaningful opportunities
you threw my way today;
for the consoling and inspiring
happenings you made possible;
for the attentive and supportive
persons I met because of you.

I am deeply grateful to you…
for helping me achieve my goals,
finish a number of jobs,
follow a smooth schedule,
close certain deals,
solve problems,
work harmoniously with others, and
travel safely to and from the office.

At the end of the day,
let me express how sorry I am for….
being impatient,
losing my temper,
lacking the initiative,
failing to do good for others,
insisting on a wrong move.

I am sorry, O dearest God,
if I have been remiss in my duties
or taken my responsibilities lightly.
I promise to do better tomorrow.
I will strive to be productive,
effective and creative.

I meekly bring these humble petitons
before you, O dearest God.
Grant that I may have a restful night.
Invigorate my body
and renew my spirit,
so that I can work hard
and do more for others
in your name
tomorrow.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment